The PrestaShop Ambassador program has been developed to expand the PrestaShop Community and reward its best members. By becoming a PrestaShop Ambassador, community members have the opportunity to become a leader of PrestaShop communities’ users across the world.
A PrestaShop Ambassador is a privileged PrestaShop’s Community member. PrestaShop selects its Ambassadors from a pool of volunteers from the Community interested in becoming PrestaShop Ambassadors. The PrestaShop Ambassador is an independent volunteer position and has no salary implications. Applicants will be vetted by the PrestaShop team to participate in the program and have the chance to generate a positive impact on their local PrestaShop community.
Developers, designers, merchants and consultants can all register to become a PrestaShop Ambassador. Ambassadors from any company will be PrestaShop Ambassadors as individuals rather than a proxy for the said company. When you are a PrestaShop Ambassador, you agree to promote the PrestaShop Software and share your experience without promoting your own business.
Once selected, PrestaShop Ambassadors will be introduced on the official PrestaShop Ambassador Program page as privileged members of the PrestaShop Community, through a bio listing their experience in ecommerce and the PrestaShop ecosystem.
PrestaShop Ambassadors can promote PrestaShop and its Community by contributing articles for the official PrestaShop’s blog (http://www.prestashop.com/blog/en), publishing content about their experience with the PrestaShop Software on social networks and on their personal website. The PrestaShop Company may also help you with the organization of local meetups. To assist you and guide you, you will be granted direct contact with the PrestaShop Ambassador Manager. During those meetups or other organized events, your public intervention commits you and you only, the PrestaShop Company is not bind by your public communications or speeches in any way. Although, if your meetups are not on free access, they may not be supported financially by the PrestaShop Company.
PrestaShop Ambassadors are awarded a specific badge to maintain a special status on their activities related to the PrestaShop software and the PrestaShop Company. This status is awarded to the individual and is not transferable. After demonstrating your commitment as a PrestaShop Ambassador during a two-month probation period, you will receive special PrestaShop goodies and you may have access to exclusive information about PrestaShop and its projects, before other community members are notified. As a PrestaShop Ambassador, you agree to only use your Ambassador status to promote the PrestaShop ecosystem. You are forbidden to promote a PrestaShop competitor or another ecommerce solution neither harm the PrestaShop Company reputation. You further agree not to use your Ambassador status to promote your personal business and activities.
As privileged PrestaShop Community members, PrestaShop Ambassadors must adhere to the following “Code of Conduct”:
As a PrestaShop Ambassador, your actions reflect on PrestaShop’s reputation. You are expected to behave in a professional manner, appropriate to the given circumstances.
PrestaShop is a registered trademark and is protected by intellectual property copyright. Thus, PrestaShop Ambassadors must respect the PrestaShop Company’s intellectual rights such as PrestaShop trademarks, logos and content published on different PrestaShop websites. PrestaShop retains all right, title and interest in and to PrestaShop Services or related websites to the services. As a PrestaShop Ambassador, you will be authorized to use the PrestaShop trademark and logo only in the scope of your Ambassador activities. No goodie, product, device or gift offered by PrestaShop cannot be sold, loaned, rented, or used for any gain other than promoting PrestaShop.
By accepting this Code of conduct, you agree and warrant to respect this trademark license. As a result, in the case of the creation of an unofficial PrestaShop Community page on Facebook, Twitter, Google + or any other social network, you must precise that the page is not a PrestaShop official page and does not bind the PrestaShop Company. Also, you cannot use the PrestaShop registered trademark in a domain name without the consent and authorization of PrestaShop. If you are awarded the opportunity to publish content on different PrestaShop websites, you shall be responsible for your contents’ compliance with all applicable foreign, federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in connection with the content, user information and PrestaShop Company Services.
You agree to be solely responsible for the accuracy, quality, integrity, and legality of your content and of the means by which you acquired or generated these content. You are solely responsible for the Ambassador content that you upload, publish, display, link to, or otherwise make available via the PrestaShop Company Services, and agree that PrestaShop is only acting as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of your content. However the PrestaShop Company reserves the right to review, share, distribute, or reference any Ambassador content or as may be required by law. The PrestaShop Company retains the authority to remove any Ambassador content it deems in violation of this Code of Conduct or at its sole discretion.
By enrolling in the Ambassador Program, you grant the PrestaShop Company a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, without a right of sublicense, to access, use, reproduce, electronically distribute, transmit, perform, format, display, store, archive, and index the Ambassador Contents for the purpose of supporting your use and promotion of the PrestaShop Software. The PrestaShop Company may also use your Ambassador content for the purpose of supporting and developing PrestaShop websites and services. Subject only to the limited license expressly granted herein, you shall retain all right, title and interest in and to your Ambassador Content and all intellectual property rights therein.
As a PrestaShop Ambassador you agree that:
- you shall use confidential information solely for the purpose of promoting the PrestaShop ecosystem and the Ambassador program, according to the guidelines PrestaShop will give you,
- use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or use of the PrestaShop Services, including keeping your password and username confidential and not permitting any third party to access or use your user name, password, or account for the Services;
- be solely responsible and liable for all activity conducted through your account in connection with the PrestaShop Company Services;
- promptly notify PrestaShop if you become aware of or reasonably suspect any security breach, including any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of your user name, password, or account;
- use the PrestaShop Company Services and the Ambassador Status only in accordance with applicable laws and government regulations;
- comply in all respects with all applicable terms of the Third-Party Services that you subscribe to or otherwise access in connection with your use of the PrestaShop Services and the Ambassador Status. Regarding the use of Eventbrite for the organization of meetups, you must respect Data Protection laws about personal data of the participants to the event. You must respect the consent of the subscribers, the subscribers’ opt-in and opt-out.
As a PrestaShop Ambassador you agree that you:
- will not allow anyone to use your Ambassador title;
- will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Ambassador status to another party;
- will not use the PrestaShop Company Services to store or transmit any content, including your Ambassador content, that may be infringing, defamatory, threatening, harmful, or otherwise tortious or unlawful, including any content that may violate intellectual property, privacy, rights of publicity, or other laws, or send spam or other unsolicited messages in violation of applicable law;
- will not upload to, or transmit from, the PrestaShop Services any data, file, software, or link that contains or redirects to a virus, Trojan horse, worm, or other harmful component;
- will not attempt to reverse engineer, decompile, hack, disable, interfere with, disassemble, copy, or disrupt the integrity or the performance of the Services, any third-party use of the Services, or any third-party data contained therein (except to the extent such restrictions are prohibited by applicable law);
- will not access the PrestaShop Services and take advantage of it in order to build a competitive product or service or copy any ideas, features, functions, or graphics of the Services;
- will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or its related systems or networks;
- will not authorize, permit, or encourage any third party to do any of the above. The PrestaShop Company will be able, at his own will and specifically when you attempt or harm the PrestaShop Company’s reputation, to correct or delete an Ambassador content, close and delete the Ambassador Status and the Ambassador account, report an illegal behavior to the authorities if necessary;
- will send a portrait photograph of yourself and photographs taken during the meetups organized by you after each meeting and accept their publication on the official PrestaShop Ambassador Program website. For this purpose, you undertake to grant PrestaShop an authorization of use free of charge and for the duration of your Ambassador Status.
As a PrestaShop Ambassador you warrant that you are the proprietor of all intellectual property rights concerning your contents. You agree to comply with intellectual property laws and respect third-party intellectual rights. Consequently, you agree not to transfer, download, send, publish, trade, use third-party contents protected by intellectual property rights without their consent.
PrestaShop reserves the right to check the web activity of the Ambassador (contribution to the forum, Github, Forge, web articles, communications on Twitter or Facebook, etc.) in order to make sure that the Ambassador is contributing to different platforms related to PrestaShop and honors his/her PrestaShop Ambassador Status.
The Ambassador Code of Conduct applies when your Ambassador Status is offered and accepted and will cease when your Status is suspended or removed. Your Status can be suspended or removed at the discretion of the PrestaShop Team in case of misbehavior according to this code of conduct, insufficient commitment or unsatisfactory two-month probation period.
In the case of your Ambassador Status removal, you warrant to cease and desist from using the PrestaShop trademark or logo and all the activities related to the Status of PrestaShop Ambassador. As the trademark license will be over, you will not be authorized to use the materials offered by PrestaShop anymore, such as PrestaShop badges, cards or branded clothes.
Last modified: May 2021